Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Monday's Educational Activity

On my weekly schedule I decided that on Mondays Cadence and I would do an educational activity. I know that at 2 just about everything we do is an educational activity, but I'm trying to do something more specific. Yesterday, we sorted and counted. We started with her Little People figures and sorted and lined up the animals and then the people. Then, we moved on to her kitchen and found all the utensils (knives, forks, spoons) and counted those. This was great fun for her and we got to think about categories and work on one-to-one counting!

P.S. As I snapped this picture, she said, "No, I don't want to smile." Even though I wasn't asking her to smile or even look at me! I think all the Christmas pictures have made her even more opposed to posing for the camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pre-math activities! So glad she enjoyed them even though she not want to smile:)for the camera.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I know she loved these learning activities. She is so organized and likes to keep things together just another step in that direction. Smart girls you two!!
Love,
Dassa