Friday, March 04, 2011

Deals of the Week(s)

February was so busy that I didn't do so great with the deals, but the past couple weeks, I have gotten a lot of free stuff! Most of this was obtained earlier this week.
All the items in this picture were free. I got the 12 pack of Coke Zero through the My Coke Rewards program. We don't drink that much coke, but my parents give me their codes and Matt got a whole cup full of lids with codes from the grill on campus. The contact lens solution was "free" at CVS because I got the full price back in ECBs.  I've gotten good at actually remembering to spend these.  And the Egg Beaters and Chef Boyardee were free sample coupons that I signed up for from Walmart.

These items were better than free - or moneymakers, as the serious couponers call them.  The best deal was the Colgate toothpaste.  It was another "free" item at CVS where you got back the purchase price in ECBs.  I also had a $1.50 off coupon so I "made" a $1.50 there.  The powder was also a CVS deal - $12.99, and I had a $7 off coupon and got $7 in ECBs, so I made about $1 on that one.  The Aquafresh was $.97 at Walmart, and I had a coupon for $1 off. 

I don't see us having to pay for toothpaste anytime soon.

If you are curious about getting CVS deals like these, check out the CVS 101 info at Money Saving Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love those freebies!
Thank you for pointing out that we could get a case of coke free too. I was able to get that for Dad.
Love it.
Dassa