Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Double Chocolate Peanut Oatmeal Cake Mix Cookies


Cadence and I needed a fun activity during Piper's mid-day nap yesterday, so we made cookies.  Cadence likes to help stir.  These were easy and super yummy.  They're moist and chewy and not too sweet.  My friend Kat makes awesome cake mix cookies, and I had a cake mix on hand, so we went from there.  I added chocolate chips, oatmeal, and peanuts...

You know you want to make some, so here's what you need:

1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts, chopped sorta fine in the food processor

Mix above ingredients together.  If batter is too thick, add a few tsps of water (that's what I had to do).  Drop by rounded teaspoon (I use my ice cream scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Let cool on pan for a minute, then cool on wire racks. 

This makes a ton of cookies - I filled 3 cookie sheets - we'll try not to eat them all in the next 2 days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look yummy!

Love, Dadder

Anonymous said...

I made chocolate chess brownies with a cake mix for our book discussion on tues. Some are frozen for you to sample!

Love, Mom