Monday, July 23, 2012

Reusable swiffer duster!

Y'all.  If you can sew, go make one of these right now.  If you can't sew (I'm looking at you, Mom), I'll make you one!  I've had this little sewing project in the queue (and here, on Pinterest) in my mind for awhile, and I am so glad I finally made it!  We like our little swiffer duster, but I hated buying the refills.  And then throwing them away.  We're tightening our budget belt around here a little bit (looking forward to a possible car purchase in the next couple years, preschool and dance classes for Cadence in the fall, and, hopefully, a nice 10 year anniversary trip for us next spring!), so it was time to bust this project out.

reusable swiffer duster
I found some flannel scraps in my stash - this would be a perfect use for an old flannel receiving blanket, pj pants, or sheets.  I used this tutorial, the only change being I used pinking shears to do the cuts.   It was a very quick project.  I did it in pieces, of course, but most of it was completed during Piper's naptime on Friday.


Being that it was pretty pink flannel, Cadence was very eager to do some dusting. She volunteered for this!



Linking up to Your Green Resource at Sorta Crunchy, A Crafty Cook, and Weekend Wrap-Up Party at Tatertots and Jello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMYGoodness!! I am making one of these tonight!! I was just dredding having to buy more swifter duster things!! Cool. Love it and love that little happy helper!
Love,
Dassa

Anonymous said...

thanks in advance for making me one sweet and so clever daughter! Love the little dusting princess!
Love, Mom

ealldredge5 said...

This is totally something I need to make. I've been doing a lot of cleaning lately since we are moving and need to clean out our old place. I used the Swiffer duster on one little ceiling fan and it was a mess, needed thrown away. Such a waste. If I could have washed it an used it again it wouldn't have seemed quite so bad. I'd love it if you stopped by my link party. http://acraftycook.blogspot.com/2012/07/1-month-of-fun-july-link-party.html